Monday, October 24, 2011

Mooooo


Highland Cattle - Meal Time
24 x 30cm
oil on panel
SOLD

These beautiful cows are a 5 minute walk from my front door. They are part of a grazing program. After 6 months or so they will be moved to some other park to graze so I have to take advantage of them while they are here. This mother cow and her white calf are easy to distinguish from the rest. In fact, yesterday I was visiting them (again!!) and got to watch the mama licking the calf's face, grooming it. So sweet. Of course I didn't have my camera. Grrr. This breed of cows (Highland Cattle) must have something genetic in them that has them with their tongues out more often then any other cows I have seen. If I can capture a good overall photo of this you will see a painting or tow of it.



Peaking Out of the Woods
16 x 12
Oil on panel

In the middle of the open park area is a wooded area. Quite often you can find the cows scattered amongst the trees. When they first came here in August you could barely see them at times because they hadn't eaten the grasses down yet. They are easier to see now.

No comments: