Thursday, August 1, 2013

Dreaming of Italy


Dreaming of Italy
10 x 5
Oil on panel
SOLD


It is not often that I use other people's photos for my paintings but I did for this one. It was an opportunity I took advantage of as Leslie Saeta is traveling in Italy. This painting will be posted on her blog and of course at any other of my sites - My Facebook fan page, my regular timeline on facebook  (lots of links huh!)

I usually shy away from building because they conjure up nasty memories of doing VERY detailed house portraits years ago that were more like architectural drawings. Today I would do a house portrait soooo differently. 

So - this painting was actually quite fun as I started with a red-orange underpainting so it gave the whole thing a warm glow right off the bat. I  haven't done underpainting colour fields all that much lately but I think you will be seeing it more and more often as I go along.

By the way - I am heading home form England soon. Time to get on with the rest of our lives. Stay tuned.

No comments: