Monday, August 27, 2012

Figure Workshop with Cathy Bird

Finally a 4 day workshop on the figure. Very intense. So much work! I was absolutely exhausted at the end of the days. These are a few of the final products. All in oil.



"Voluptuous Woman"
I love painting and drawing large women. This one is about 30 x 30
All day pose.


"The Three faces of Eve"
about 30 x 22
No her name wasn't Eve. The day had us doing 3 poses of the same person in 3 different outfits in 3 different poses. Each pose was around 30 - 45 minutes. She would do the poses and then do them again, then again = 9 sittings. Had no idea how I was going to compose this as I was doing the first pass at each pose. You may not see it all real clearly here. With all of these - when the time was up it was up. There is lots left not fully resolved thus I don't consider any of these finished. Just thought I would share.


"Barefooted Bride"
about 18 x 15

This was an all day pose so there was lots of time to develop it, but still not enough. I was pleased with the outcome on this one.

The final day had us doing eleven 15 minute poses. All depicting strong emotion. I did them in pencil.
Non shown here.

No comments: