Friday, February 8, 2013

After the Polo Match



Blocking it in.

I took the reference photos for this painting maybe 5-6 years ago. At the time I took a couple hundred photos mostly of what happens off the polo field. So eventually I will be doing more paintings of some of the scenes that I liked. This one captured one of the stablemen taking several of the horses back to the stables to be showered off. I loved the cloud of dust they created as they walked along.


Starting to take shape.


Finished painting - although even finished paintings sometimes get tweaked.

After the Polo Match
9 x 12, oil on panel


Sometimes I feel incomplete being limited to the small size. My larger studio in the states will accommodate the larger paintings much better so the big ones will have to wait for now.


No comments: