Tuesday, January 22, 2013

En Plein Air


"The Little Bridge at Manor Park"
8 x 10, oil on panel

 Side note: I may have cracked the photography problems I have been having. Hopefully I will get better colour representation in them from now on.

I set out with my hand warmers and foot warmers to the park near home. So many subjects to choose from. I settled on this bridge. To the right the path goes up the hill to the village. To the left takes you around the lake. I really enjoyed doing this painting even with it's challenges. Simplify. Simplify. Simplify. That is the key when there is so much growth around. Just use detail where you really need it. 

Lots of people went walking by and stopped to admire. 1- I think I made a new friend. 2 - I may have found a potential client. Lesson learned: bring business cards with me whenever I go out.

No comments: